Circle Cinema Code of Conduct
Our mission is to use film to foster understanding and appreciation of the diversity of the human experience and create community among the viewers in the restored historic Circle Cinema.
As a part of meeting that mission, we seek to provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment where community members with diverse views and experiences can come together to enjoy films, events and other programming. To help ensure this provision, we have established a Code of Conduct that applies to everyone at our venue, at our off-site venues and events, and to participants in our social media channels. Filmgoers, members, guests, program/event attendees, user groups, community partners, staff, volunteers, donors, vendors and press are all held to the same standards. We reserve the right to ban or restrict from our premises, events and programs (on or off-site) anyone who violates this Code of Conduct.
Circle Cinema values personal safety and everyone’s right to attend programs and events free of harassment, threats, mistreatment or discrimination, especially in connection to race or ethnicity, national origin, gender identity or presentation, sex or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, physical appearance, language proficiency or citizenship status.
The following activities are strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated:
- Bullying, intimidation, stalking or threats in person or online
- Sustained disruption of events
- Violence or assault of any kind
- Physical intimidation
- Inappropriate or unwanted physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention or joking
- Use of epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping
- Possession of firearms, explosives or other weapons on our premises or at an off-site event
- Any conduct that endangers the life, safety, health or well-being of any filmgoer, guest, program attendee, member, employee, volunteer, vendor or other person at our venue or at one of our off-site events.
What to do:
- If you are asked to stop any harassing behavior, STOP IMMEDIATELY!
- If you witness any form of harassment, please contact a staff member with details and your contact information. The situation will be addressed. To file a formal report, email Stephanie LaFevers, Circle Cinema Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and the complaint will be investigated.
- If you feel unsafe in your immediate situation, alert staff or personnel on duty and move to a safe location.
SPECIAL TEMPORARY PROVISION FOR COVID-19 SAFETY THAT IS IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
In an effort to maintain as safe an indoor environment as possible, Circle Cinema requires any person who comes inside its building or an off-site building or enclosed space it is using for programming to be wearing a face mask covering both the nose and the mouth. There are no exceptions. This requirement includes filmgoers, attendees, guests, user groups, staff, volunteers, vendors, and press. For those wanting to attend Circle Cinema programming who are unable to wear a face mask, we invite you to attend our outdoor drive-in programming or an outdoor seated event where special seating can be provided.