Circle Cinema Code of Conduct
Our mission is to use film to foster understanding and appreciation of the diversity of the human experience and create community among the viewers in the restored historic Circle Cinema.
As a part of meeting that mission, we seek to provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment where community members with diverse views and experiences can come together to enjoy films, events and other programming. To help ensure this provision, we have established a Code of Conduct that applies to everyone at our venue, at our off-site venues and events, and to participants in our social media channels. Filmgoers, members, guests, program/event attendees, user groups, community partners, staff, volunteers, donors, vendors and press are all held to the same standards. We reserve the right to ban or restrict from our premises, events and programs (on or off-site) anyone who violates this Code of Conduct.
Circle Cinema values personal safety and everyone’s right to attend programs and events free of harassment, threats, mistreatment or discrimination, especially in connection to race or ethnicity, national origin, gender identity or presentation, sex or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, physical appearance, language proficiency or citizenship status.
The following activities are strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated:
- Bullying, intimidation, stalking or threats in person or online
- Sustained disruption of events
- Violence or assault of any kind
- Physical intimidation
- Inappropriate or unwanted physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention or joking
- Use of epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping
- Possession of firearms, explosives or other weapons on our premises or at an off-site event
- Any conduct that endangers the life, safety, health or well-being of any filmgoer, guest, program attendee, member, employee, volunteer, vendor or other person at our venue or at one of our off-site events.
What to do:
- If you are asked to stop any harassing behavior, STOP IMMEDIATELY!
- If you witness any form of harassment, please contact a staff member with details and your contact information. The situation will be addressed. To file a formal report, email Stephanie LaFevers, Circle Cinema Executive Director at email@example.com and the complaint will be investigated.
- If you feel unsafe in your immediate situation, alert staff or personnel on duty and move to a safe location.
SPECIAL TEMPORARY PROVISION EFFECTIVE JUL 27, 2021: MASKS REQUIRED FOR ALL GUESTS
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has updated its mask guidelines today for states with “substantial” and “high” COVID-19 transmission rates to help prevent further spread of the Delta variant strain of the disease. Oklahoma is currently in the “high” transmission rate category.
Because Circle Cinema’s mask policy is based on CDC guidelines, we are once again requiring that all guests and staff wear masks, even if fully vaccinated. Due to the high transmissibility of the Delta variant and with cases rising in Tulsa, we feel it is in the best interest of public health and safety to require masks.
Masks will be available on arrival for guests that don’t have their own. Masks may only be removed briefly to eat or drink once seated inside an auditorium. Masks must otherwise be worn for the duration of a film and at all times in the lobby. We also recommend that guests regularly use the hand sanitizer stations we have installed throughout the lobby.
Thank you for your cooperation, and please continue to wash your hands and practice social distancing as we all work together to keep Tulsa healthy and open for business.